Dr. Robert Norris is devoted to creating smiles for a lifetime. His unique background in mechanical engineering provides him with a distinct advantage in mastering the forces, vectors, and movements inherent in performing orthodontic treatment.
- Dr. Norris attended University of Texas at Austin where he received his bachelor’s degree with honors in Biology and a minor in Mechanical Engineering.
- He was salutatorian of this dental school class at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School.
- He completed a General Practice Residency at the V.A. Hospital in Washington, D.C.
- He completed his orthodontics specialty training at Howard University, and graduating as valedictorian with the highest GPA in the Orthodontic Department’s 25 year history.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics
- Texas Dental Association
Service to Our Country
Dr. Norris joined the Air Force and served as Chief of Orthodontics at Misawa Air Base, Japan. Here he provided orthodontic care to service members and their families.
In 2007, Dr. Norris began work to fulfill to make his office completely “green.” The office is part of a volunteer renewable energy program with CPS known as Windtricity. In April, 2008, he completed a solar energy project at his orthodontic practice with the installation of 80 solar panels, providing 16 kW of electricity.
On a Personal Note…
Dr. Norris is a resident of San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife and three children. As a Texas native, he grew up in Kingsville, Texas. He enjoys snow skiing, cycling, swimming, strength training, boating, hiking, and kayaking. Dr. Norris has lectured throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. His scientific papers have been published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Seminars in Orthodontics, as well as Clinical Impressions. To date, Dr. Norris and Simone are enjoying their proudest accomplishments, their three children.