A Smart Alternative for Teens and Parents
Does your teen need braces? Are they worried about how they will look and feel? Are you worried about the cost and co-operation during sensitive Teen years?
A great option for everyone is to choose Invisalign Teen, a revolutionary alternative to straighten teeth which offers many advantages over traditional braces at a comparable cost.
Advantages of Invisalign Teen
Rather than using wires and brackets that makes Teens self-conscious during orthodontic treatment, Invisalign Teen uses custom-made plastic aligners that are:
- Nearly undetectable when inserted
- Much less painful and can be removed when eating a playing sports
- Systematically changed to move teeth. Custom aligners are changed every two weeks
When used as recommended, Invisalign Teen is just as effective as traditional braces and capable of correcting issues ranging from the mild to the severe.
Top Five Most Frequently Asked Invisalign Teen Questions
1. Is Everyone Eligible for InvisalignTeen? – Most teens are eligible. Visit an orthodontist who has experience working with Invisalign Teen to evaluate if you child is a candidate.
2. How Long Does the Treatment Take? – The treatment time depends on the orthodontic issue being corrected, but in most cases it is comparable or less than traditional braces.
3. How Much Does It Cost? – Again, the cost of Invisalign depends on the individual orthodontic issue and the orthodontist you visit. Fees are similar to traditional braces and many dental insurance providers offer coverage.
4. How long do you wear the Invisalign aligners each day and how often to you change them? Invisalign Teen is most effective when worn for 20 to 22 hours a day and aligners are changed every two weeks. Built-in indicators on the aligners help the orthodontist to determine if the patient is complying with instructions. If the patient is not following instructions as prescribed, it can compromise the end result.
5. What Happens if an Invisalign Teen Aligner Gets Lost? – If lost, inform your orthodontist immediately. You can temporarily go back to the last aligner to maintain your current result until the lost aligner can be replaced and treatment can resume. It is important not to skip to the next aligner with consulting your orthodontist first.
Contact Stone Oak Orthodontics for a Free Evaluation
Is Invisalign Teen right for your son or daughter? Does your insurance cover the cost? How soon can the treatment get started? Get all your questions answered by contacting Stone Oak Orthodontics in San Antonio TX.